Cheating in showrooms when buying a car
In an effort to best protect themselves whenbuying a car, many women go to the auto show. It is assumed that buying a new car in the large saloon, from an authorized dealer, you can avoid unnecessary problems and to minimize the risk of being cheated. But is buying a car in the showroom eliminates fraud by 100%?
As practice shows, the deception in showrooms -frequent phenomenon of our time. And, be it an object can any buyer. Fraudsters do not share their victims by gender and driving skills. No matter you are a woman or a man, a novice or a professional with years of experience - you have a chance not only to get already a used car, but did lose money. Let's look at the most common ways of cheating.
The car for next to nothing?
How often in the print media you meetads of new cars at below market prices? Agree, a promise to get the desired vehicle is less than you expected, it has almost magical effect. You call the dealership and its employees support you received information explaining the unique offer that auto works directly with the manufacturer or supplier of the vehicle. How then can remain indifferent? Not only do you buy a new car, so you will still fall a rare chance to save.
You go to a showroom and see thatyour chosen car "suddenly" went up. Shop assistant, of course, arguments will explain to you that on this machine and the alarm set is better, and all-season tires, and instead of the power steering is electric power. And offered to make a down payment as confirmation of intentions. Cash a check for an advance payment to you accidentally, "by mistake", not give, and asked to wait until the documents are ready for the car and the contract.
In this scheme of fraud expectation lastfew hours. And you are unlikely to be offered a cup of coffee. The delay in clearance is easy to explain the absence of the necessary personnel, delay director who "will at any moment", or extraordinary breakdown of office equipment, drop the server. The mass of options. Lest you get bored, bring several documents to sign. It is offered to carry out a test drive. If expressed in the language of thieves, you competently "pickle" to the point where you lose vigilance and are prepared to be without reading, sign anything.
Here you will be informed, and that all the documents are ready,the signature received, and you only need to sign a contract. Even if you are different rare suspicion, this trial in the showroom will lull your vigilance. You sign up, but it turns out that the price of the car "grown" by leaps and bounds when reading the contract. But you put a signature, and on the condition of the same contract you will lose the prepayment in case, if you refuse to buy a car. "Good," the owners offer you draw a car loan on very favorable terms ...
You can continue the story further. But let's leave it at that. The general idea of this fraud scheme you already have, and now summarize everything that was supposed to alert you in the beginning. Fortunately, the artificial situation you have such an opportunity.
What should alert you:
- The low price of the car - the first bell to yourvigilance. You're probably interested in, and you know in what price range in your town is a car model that you are about to buy. But if you do decide to apply at the auto show, try to get more information about the seller. As is well known, who has information that rules the world.
- The difference between the actual prices from that sway you to buy. The fact that you are trying to cheat, even if slightly - an indicator not in favor of the car dealership.
- Requests to make a prepayment before signingthe contract of sale and the lack of cash receipt clearly indicate fraud. you made an advance - the main instrument of influence on you. It is best to withdraw from the purchase at this stage and to demand the return of the amount paid. Do not hesitate to contact the police, and the local branch, and in the control room, so that your call was recorded. Although there is a chance that at the first mention of the call will be returned your money.
- The requirement to sign some documents, delays in registration of the contract. In this case, no matter what arguments you give.
- Trying to distract you, to divert your attention from the artificial red tape. Gather and leave the showroom! By the way, at this point, too, you can call the police outfit.
- Any change in the contract price, since you were not able to stop before - the most convincing evidence that you are trying to cheat.
Once the contract, the contract two, three contract
This method of cheating is designed for legalIlliteracy you as a buyer and some euphoria from the upcoming purchase. It is worth noting that scammers are often very subtle psychologists and accurately recognize a possible victim. So, what is the basis, this method of cheating?
When buying a car you served on signaturemultiple instances of the sales contract. You are viewing the first sign and carefully. Others, like the seller assures you, - additional copies, absolutely identical to the first instance. You read them are not so carefully and sign up to the "machine". No documents on the machine on your hands you do not give out, explaining that you get together with the machine. Do you expect your car ... and nothing. On the question of where your vehicle, you are responsible, that it will provide you with as soon as you pay the money required by the contract. Imposes a cashier's check and you serving you a signed contract, but not one that you have carefully read, and an additional copy, you do not bother to read. And the amount of this contract is very different from what you expected. How do you like this picture? But such a model scam works.
What You Should Know
- Before you sign any papers,thoroughly examine each item. If you have not figured out, read it again. Especially that part of the contract, which is written in small print. It was there that often contain pitfalls.
- Number of contracts depends on how muchsides it concludes. In this case, there are two representatives - you are the buyer, auto - dealer. And that means you and signed contracts shall be two. And do not hesitate to leave one copy of itself after it was signed.
- Before signing the contract, make sure that itIt contains the final cost of your car. To not later "got out" the VAT, registration and something else as unanticipated additions.
- Before you make at least some pre-payment,read the contract and, if the representatives of the auto show (no matter under what pretext) do not give you this opportunity, safely leave the territory of the dealership. You try to cheat!
Car second hand
Suffice widespread fraud in the showroom -selling of used car in the guise of a new one. And to determine "the eye", went on your machine or not, it is impossible. You will explain that the car held a test drive, no more. And under the guise of a new car you try to shove quite decent, but not a new car. Combination designed to trifles. Machine washed, if necessary, held a light cosmetic repairs. Oh, who, if not we women know how to make things out of second-hand new. PTS, allegedly stolen by hackers, or simply lost in the delivery. You are provided with a duplicate, where the sole owner of the machine is indicated showroom. If you see on the passport of the vehicle marked "duplicate" - it's time to guard. Do not buy old stuff for the price of new ones.
Who on the newcomer?
Next fraud scheme is neither a specialgenius or originality. The entire calculation is built on your impatience and desire to get your favorite car right now. You come into the showroom, select a car, you even give the opportunity to sit in it. And once you have chosen before you played the scene: suddenly it turns out that this machine already have a buyer. He even made an advance payment. But if you wish, you can cover the advance payment and the percentage that should be auto return "imaginary client" (the amount typically ranges from 20 to 25 thousand rubles), and then get the car right now, without delay and expectations. For the credibility you demonstrate a long waiting list for the car it is in this configuration. I try to tell you that anything can happen in three months: at the car prices will rise or grade changes. Do not believe it, turn around and find another auto.
Net exchange rate
Despite the fact that Russian lawforbidden to indicate the price of goods in foreign currency, some unscrupulous traders still prefer to ignore this law and operate prices in conventional units. Moreover, the rate of USD well above the central bank. And you know it at the checkout after signing the contract, one of the points which necessarily the amount of penalties will be specified in case of refusal to purchase.
But in this situation there is an exit. Before signing a contract, check the currency in which the rate applies to your vehicle. And if not in rubles, demand that you transferred this amount in rubles, and see how it has grown. If you did not do it on time, contact the court. You would always win.
To buy machines brought to you byonly joy, you need to be vigilant no matter where you are going to buy it. As you can see, the fraudsters do not necessarily live on the market. And we want you to deception in showrooms when buying a car left for you is only the subject of this article.</ P>