Bedsores treatment and prevention
Tragically, sometimes it happens thatpeople close to us very sick and lose their ability to move, spending all his time in the supine position. Whatever impact this event was not for you, you have to live with it and learn the basics of caring for bedridden patients. At first glance, this science really is not easy, but very soon you are perfectly mastered all the skills of care.
The first aspect you should pay close attention to this question, "bedsores treatment and prevention."
In order to obtain full information about thehow to prevent pressure sores or heal existing ones, you need a good understanding of what is bed sores and what factors cause them the appearance of a human patient.
Bedsores are nothing else than the necrosis of softhuman tissues. Necrosis occurs as a result of prolonged disruption of blood supply, and as a result of malnutrition. In such conditions occur when the tissue to human patient for a long time under pressure. Most often bedsores are formed:
- In the area of the ischial bone.
- In the area of the sacrum and coccyx.
- A little bit less, but still often enough pressure ulcers occur on the hips, ribs and head.
The occurrence of pressure ulcers is fraught with variousTo effects on human health. For example, pressure sores are very dangerous because even at the minimum superficial lesions of the skin damage internal tissues, including muscle and bone. Often lesion area formed in sufficiently large pockets and cavities, especially if the bedsores formed near the ischial bone and hip joints. In severe cases, pressure sores can even lead to amputation of the lower limbs of the sick person.
Not less frequently give rise to pressure soresinflammatory processes occurring in the periosteum and bone, osteomyelitis and periostitis. As a rule, if the wound edges adjacent to the bone, it should be possible to assume the presence of a sick person contact osteomyelitis. At the beginning of the disease discharge from the wound surface of the skin is transparent, without any - any smell or impurities, the progression of the disease become infected, and there is pus putrid odor.
All the principles of treatment of pressure ulcers are directed only atone goal - as quickly as possible to deliver a sick person from an existing inflammatory process, and then to achieve complete regeneration of the skin. After curing the sick person your top priority should be the prevention of pressure ulcers.
Local treatment of pressure ulcers
The first thing you need to start - it is a localtreatment of bedsores. The affected skin surface must be three times a day is necessary to process and wash the hydrogen peroxide antiseptics such furatsilina solution. After that you need to treat the wound and cause hypertonic solution bactericidal ointment.
During all manipulationspressure ulcers must be observed sterility. Your hands should be washed clean, and nails - close-cropped. All the accessories that you will use for the care of bedsores should be sterile. At the pharmacy you can purchase a sterile cotton wool, gauze and bandages. During treatment, you need to give the patient a position to pressure sores on there was absolutely no stress and pressure.
In that case you can not fora month to cope with the treatment of pressure ulcers on their own, you need to ask for help to the surgeons. Further delay can be quite dangerous for the health of the sick person. However, when referring to the surgeon be sure to ask your doctor if he has any experience of the plastic treatment of pressure ulcers. Typically, surgeons district clinics do not have the necessary experience for the treatment of pressure ulcers by plastic surgery.
How, then, there is a surgical treatmentbedsores? The edges of the wounds excised with a scalpel until yet not seem healthy tissue. Thereafter, the wound is closed skin - muscle or skin patches, then the healing process begins. As mentioned above, in no event it is impossible to delay seeking medical help, otherwise, to cure serious bedsores doctors will be forced to resort to amputation.
Preventing the formation of pressure ulcers
Prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers is necessary forsave the sick person's health. And the prevention of pressure ulcers often gives much better results than the painful and long treatment already formed bedsores. To be successful, prevention must be regular and comprehensive.
The first thing you should do is to makethe sick person a special diet. You need to choose those foods which contain a sufficient amount of nutrients such as proteins, fats and carbohydrates, vitamins, micro and macro elements, minerals. Be sure to follow the drinking regime of the sick person and his urine output. Try not in any way prevent the occurrence of edema, as they greatly increase the risk of developing pressure sores in bedridden patients.
The store medical supplies without youLabor can purchase special items for immobile patients. Very well it helps prevent bedsores so-called anti-bedsore mattresses.
All mattresses operate on the principlebedsore systems. The operation of the mattress laid scheme permanent shifts the points of support, which is a sick man. A similar effect is achieved due to the fact that there is a regular change in the volume of the compartments, which are divided into the mattress. Mattress has its own packs, which compartments inflated mattress in a strictly defined sequence, according to the established pattern.
As a result, the surface of the mattressIt is in constant motion, constantly providing a massaging effect on all the soft tissues of the patient recumbent, which are in contact with the mattress surface. A massage is a continuous redistribution of pressure, which is available from one body part to another, allowing you to maintain full blood circulation in the tissues. This eliminates the main reason that causes the formation of bedsores.
In addition, physicians was established interestingfact - antiprolezhnevy mattress not only helps to prevent bed sores, but also effectively eliminates problems with sleep, a beneficial effect on the overall condition of the body, particularly the nervous system, blood circulation and decrease muscle tension.
Many ordinary people believe that suchmattresses are designed for use only in a hospital. However, this is not so - all kinds of these mattresses are very easy to use, to cope with their use will not be difficult even an elderly person. Compressors work completely silent, which allows the mattress around the clock.
In addition, anti-decubitus mattresses are very simpleoperation and can be used effectively, both in health care settings and homes. Current models of these devices are equipped with silent compressors that can work round the clock. All mattresses are made of durable material, which, moreover, has a moisture resistance. On top of the mattress, as a rule, put on a special case, to improve the level of hygiene.
Skid circle for the prevention of pressure ulcers,certainly not as effective as antiprolezhnevy mattress, but can also provide invaluable assistance in the care of bedridden patients. Skid circle you must enclose a tailbone or buttocks, changing its location every few hours. Skid circle is most often made of medical rubber or latex, so it is easy to keep clean.
Approximately the same effect has a pillowfor wheelchairs. It is intended to even pressure distribution that causes the weight of the sick person. This considerably reduces the risk of bedsores. Bags are produced from various materials, but most common gel or latex.
Particular attention should be paid to the statebed sick person. If you do not use anti-bedsore mattresses, make sure that to the bed surface is completely smooth, without any hollows and bumps. The same goes for bedding. The person caring for bedridden patients should be monitored closely to ensure that on the sheets did not have any wrinkles and crumbs from food - they also often trigger the onset of bedsores. Bedding should be clean and dry.
All of the above means of care for immobilepatients must be purchased after prior consultation with a doctor who knows the characteristics of the disease and advise on the best option. By the way, often in modern hospitals have all the necessary items for the care of immobile patients. Therefore, if your loved one is hospitalized, do not rush to buy everything yourself. Please ask your doctor whether there is a branch in the presence of hygiene for the bedridden patients
Other measures of prevention of pressure ulcers
In addition to the use of special toolsThere are general rules of prevention, compliance with which can significantly reduce the risk of bedsores. However, before the application of each of them and you should consult with your doctor. Perhaps there is a sick person - a specific disease, which can serve as a contraindication to one of the measures of prevention of pressure ulcers. However, the rules of care for immobile patients need to comply with. The following describes a simple algorithm for the prevention of pressure ulcers:
- Turns sick person. Try to turn the mandatory sick man with his back to the side at least three - four times a day, for about 30 minutes. Such a measure would redistribute time to load on the tissue to restore normal blood flow.
- Massage skin. Daily massage of the skin, which are subjected to pressure will help ensure a good blood supply and nutrition of tissues. This measure also helps reduce the risk of bedsores.
- Airing skin. Many ignore the following procedure, and very vain. A sick person must be turned to the side, free from clothes and leave for about 15 minutes, then repeat the same with the second side.
- Observance of the temperature regime. For the prevention of pressure sores, the optimal temperature regime must be observed without fail. And clothes, and bed linen, and the temperature in the air should be such that the skin of a sick person does not sweat. Interruptions in a patient lying man very quickly turn into bedsores.
- Wipe the entire surface of the skin. In addition to the hygienic bathing of a sick person, it is necessary to wipe the skin with disinfectants every day. It can be vodka, or camphor alcohol, or even ordinary cologne. Wipe the skin of a sick person, then rub it until red with a dry clean towel. However, be careful when rubbing, make sure that there is no damage to the patient's skin, otherwise the opposite effect may occur.
- Care for the most vulnerable skinInteguments. Twice a day - in the morning and in the evening, you need to cool the boiled water with rubbing those places of the skin, the pressure on which is the strongest. After this, drain with a towel and wipe with camphor alcohol. Remember that care and prevention of bedsores are most important if you want to avoid possible complications.
The initial stage of development of pressure sores
In the event that on the skinTo appear redness, you need to be alerted. After all, redness is the beginning of the formation of decubitus. Such places need to be processed with special care. In the morning, lubricate these places with a weak solution of potassium permanganate, and in the evening - an alcohol tincture of calendula. If you have a blue quartz lamp, it will also effectively help prevent further development of diaper rash.
If the redness of the skin was not noticed in timeAnd measures to prevent further development of diaper rash have not been carried out, blisters appear on the skin. Bubbles contain a transparent liquid inside. They need to be treated as follows: bubbles need to be abundantly lubricated with a 1% solution of greenery, and top with a dry bandage. Make sure that her pressure is not too strong.
If a purulent wound is formed, to purify itThe "Iruksol" ointment is very suitable. It is used as follows: form a gauze swab, apply it abundantly and put on the wound, fixing it with a bandage. Change the bandage two times a day. A similar but less rapid action is possessed by Vishnevsky's ointment and levomecol.
Treatment of bedsores by folk methods
If a sick person has decubitus, treatmentFolk remedies will help to improve the condition of a sick person no less effectively than the pharmacological agents used in traditional medicine. However, before using any prescription, consult a doctor and make sure that the patient does not have any allergic reactions to one or another component of traditional medicine.
- Decoction of inflorescences of chemist's daisy and medicinalClover can significantly accelerate the healing process of pressure sores. To prepare the broth you need to take dry inflorescences of chemist's chamomile and medical sweet clover in a ratio of one to one. Pour the grass with one liter of water, bring to a boil in a water bath, then turn off and strain with gauze. With the decoction obtained, rinse the wounds, and the herbal mixture that remains in the gauze tissue will come in handy for compresses. Place the gauze cloth in boiling water for about a minute, then allow the water to drain, but do not squeeze it. After the herbal mixture in the gauze slightly cool, attach it to the wound, covering it with a plastic wrap and fixing with a bandage. Such a compress should be left on the wound for about two hours. Continue the course of treatment until the epithelialization of the tissues occurs.
- The following recipe very effectively helps inThe very beginning of the disease, when bedsores only - just begin to appear. You will need: herb horsetail - 50 grams; Dry inflorescences of chemist's chamomile - 30 grams; The herb of perforated St. John's wort - 40 grams. Stir the mixture, pour 300 ml. Boiling water and boil in a water bath for an hour. After that, the broth is poured into a thermos bottle, and insisted for 24 hours. After a day, the broth must be filtered and squeezed through gauze. Take the broth twice a day, after meals, half the glass. The course of treatment should not exceed one week.
- As has long been known, the bark of oak hasExcellent astringent and disinfectant. These properties allow the use of oak bark for the treatment of a wide variety of wounds, including decubitus. To prepare the decoction of the bark of oak, you need to grind 200 grams of dried raw materials, place the resulting powder in two liters of water and cook over low heat for at least an hour. Allow broth to cool, then carefully strain through gauze. Use the decoction is necessary for lotions on the bedsores sites. To do this, make gauze wipes from a sterile bandage, moisten them and apply to decubituses, changing as they dry up. In a day, it is necessary to conduct approximately three procedures, each of which must last at least one hour. As a rule, significant improvements are observed already on the third day after the beginning of treatment, and complete scarring comes on 10-14 days, depending on the area and depth of skin lesions.
- It is no less effective for strong bedsoresHelp a sick person tincture of birch buds. Of course, you can buy dry birch buds in the pharmacy, but if it's early spring, try to collect some raw materials yourself. You will need about 100 grams of dried birch buds, or 50 grams of fresh ones. Pour the kidneys for a minute with steep boiling water, then drain it, replacing the water with ordinary vodka. Transfer the infusion into the glass container, then tightly close the lid and place it in the refrigerator for a week. After a week, use infusion to lubricate the affected skin surfaces, but trying to avoid getting a lot of broth in the open and deep wounds. This can cause a sick person strong enough pain. Carry out treatment with this drug is necessary until the patient has a significant improvement in the condition.
- In the event that the process has already gone enoughFar away, pressure sores began to fester and unpleasant to smell, you will come to the aid of inconspicuous at first glance grass vinca. One spoonful of this dry herb brew, like tea, in a glass of boiling water, let it brew for one hour. After this, carefully strain the broth with gauze cloth to avoid falling grass blades into the wound. The resulting infusion should be washed with purulent decubitus. Remember that the broth is not permissible to store more than one day, as it loses all its useful properties.
- Also for the treatment of purulent wounds of variousOrigin, including purulent, in folk medicine very often the root of high elecampane is used. To prepare medicinal infusion it is necessary to crush one tablespoon of the root of elecampane using a knife, pour it with one glass of boiling water and leave to infuse in a warm place for about a day. After this, the infusion should be filtered through gauze, add one tablespoon of natural honey, mix thoroughly. The resulting solution should be washed with purulent decubitus at least twice a day. It is advisable to carry out treatment with this remedy until the wound is fully cleansed of pus. Only after this, other means can be used to stimulate the healing of pressure sores.
- Broth of eucalyptus leaves excellentlyLying patient from beginning bedsores. For its preparation, you need to buy dry leaves of eucalyptus in the pharmacy. Place three teaspoons of eucalyptus leaves in one liter of boiling water, cook for about ten minutes. After that, cover the dishes tightly with a lid, wrap with a dense cloth and leave to infuse for a day. After the day, drain the broth with gauze, and use the resulting decoction to wipe the affected areas. The course of treatment should continue until all signs of decubitus and irritation of the skin are completely gone.
- Also for washing the skin is very usefulUse a decoction of an ordinary scallop. Ready raw materials you can buy at almost any drugstore. To prepare the decoction, you need 100 grams of herb pour in a liter of water, bring to a boil over low heat. Boil the broth for twenty minutes, then cool it. Before use, the broth should also be carefully filtered. It must be applied as follows. Dampen sterile gauze or cotton wool in the broth, carefully wipe the skin, but do not wipe it, but allow to dry spontaneously. The water will evaporate. And an additional protective barrier will be created on the skin that will help prevent the reoccurrence of pressure sores and help to epithelize existing ones.
- The next infusion will help cope with bedsoresEven in the most severe cases. To make it, you need to mix 20 grams of medicinal sage and chamomile, pour half a liter of hot water in enameled dishes, cover with a lid, cover with a towel and insist for three hours. After that, the broth should also be filtered with gauze cloth. Such an infusion can be used as a lotion for already existing bedsores, so it is for the washing of especially vulnerable areas of the skin, on which pressure sores develop most often. The lotions are made as follows. Dampen a napkin in a tincture, attach it to a pressure sore. After you notice that the napkin has dried, it must be replaced with another, also richly moistened with infusion. The procedure itself should last at least 60 minutes, once a day for about ten days.
- Medicinal wrecker will help to clean the wound fromPurulent contents, remove inflammation and swelling. For the preparation of infusion, you need to completely crush the whole plant, except for its root system, pour hot water in a ratio of 1 to 5. It must be infused for at least 10 hours. After the mixture is infused, you need to strain it carefully through gauze, so that in Wounds and skin did not get even the smallest pieces of plant material, which can also cause irritation on the skin and provoke the development of new pressure sores.
- If the bedside patient has blisters onSkin, quickly get rid of them and prevent the further development and aggravation of bedsores will help the common yarrow. To prepare the infusion, it is necessary to pour a tablespoon of dry raw material with a liter of steep boiling water, to set at room temperature for an hour. After this, the infusion should be carefully filtered using gauze cloth. In the broth, add 20 drops of the medicinal alcohol tincture of marigold, mix thoroughly. You will also need camphor alcohol. Affected areas of the skin should be smeared with camphor alcohol, then apply a gauze cloth soaked with yarrow infusion. Gadgets need to be changed as they dry out within one hour. In total this procedure is necessary at least five times a day. A noticeable improvement will come in a few days, and a full healing of bedsores in about 10 days.
- Also an excellent disinfectant and wound-healingMeans a creeping white clover. It is not easy to get it in pharmacies, but the effort expended is worth it. Decoction of the heads of white clover can heal the most neglected purulent decubitus. This broth is prepared as follows. Take 10 heads of a white clover and place them in a bag of gauze. One liter of water bring to a boil, then for five minutes, place there a bag of clover heads. After that, turn off the broth, cool. With this decoction, you need to wash the decubitus, then compress with a gauze bag with clover heads. On top of the bag, you need to place a plastic film, and from above, fix it with a bandage. Make sure that the dressing does not press too tightly. The compress should be left overnight. After the second procedure, the wound will be cleared of pus, after 5 - it will begin to heal, approximately by the 10th day the epithelialization of the skin is almost completely completed.
- Effective wound healing effectOn decubitus have sea buckthorn oil and rosehip oil. However, they can only be used in the initial stages of decubitus, when only redness of the skin is observed. With bedsores in the bubble stage, the oil no longer has the desired effect. The sea buckthorn oil is used as follows. The skin in places of damage is treated with camphor alcohol, after which it is abundantly lubricated with sea buckthorn oil using a tampon formed of sterile cotton wool. The oil is left on the skin until it is completely absorbed.
- For the prevention of bedsores is not less importantMaintain the general condition of the body in proper condition. It is very good to raise the body's defenses the following vitamin decoction. For its preparation you will need: fruits of ordinary brown dogrose - 50 grams; Berries cranberries - 50 grams; Fruits of common mountain ash - 70 grams; Honey lime - three tablespoons. Mix the berries with two liters of water, bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes. After this, remove from heat, add honey and mix thoroughly. After the broth cools, it is ready for use. Take a decoction of a glass a day, dividing it into two meals.
- The leaves of black elderberry perfectly clean the wounds fromPus. In the event that a person suffers from purulent decubitus, the folk medicine will help him. Freshly cut elderberry leaves should be thoroughly washed with running water, then scalded with boiling water. Immediately after this, a little chilled, the leaves must be applied to the pressure sores for about 15 minutes. Such procedures should be performed every day until the wound clears from the pus.
- In the event that a person suffers from extensiveHeavy pressure sores can be helped by the following recipe. For its preparation, you will need leaves of arboreal aloe, sea buckthorn oil and any natural honey. Remember that for the preparation of this remedy, the leaves of aloe must first be held in the refrigerator for a week. Use leaves can only be from a plant not younger than three years. Leaves of aloe must be passed through a meat grinder, then mixed with honey and 100 grams of sea buckthorn oil. Mix the whole mixture thoroughly, transfer it to a glass container, and then place it in the refrigerator for three days. After that it is necessary to proceed as follows.
Struck tissues should be thoroughly rinsed withHelp the solution furatsilina, then apply gauze wipes, which must be very richly applied to the resulting ointment. Napkins should be left on bedsores for at least two hours. The procedure should be repeated twice a day, until the bedsores are completely healed.
If a patient has bedsores, folkFunds can provide effective assistance. However, in no case should you refuse to observe medical workers, because only a doctor can adequately assess the condition of a bed-sick patient and notice the possible deterioration of the condition in time.</ P>