Sore breasts while feeding the lactating mothers
In our time, perhaps there is not onemother, who would not know about the exceptional benefits of her baby, which makes breastfeeding. But why the children who are fed with breast milk substitutes, does not become smaller? My mother does not want her baby to grow up healthy and happy child? Of course, he wants! And why then translates crumbs on artificial feeding?
The answer is much simpler than it may seem atfirst glance. Unfortunately, despite the fact that breastfeeding - the most natural way provided by nature itself, a lot of women are faced with different challenges. The most common complaint is that the chest pain in nursing mothers.
Ignore the fact that chest hurts whenfeeding, in any case impossible. Some moms early in the disease, the pain is still not very strong, simply dismiss their feelings and try not to pay attention, in the hope that it will take itself. The maximum that can be done is to complain to your mom or girlfriend, "chest hurts when I feed the baby." However, pain in the breast feeding woman - it is a disturbing symptom, which in any case should not be ignored, both the woman and her relatives.
In most cases, a nursing mother is illchest, if the disruption occurred lactation. These disorders can be of different nature. That is why it is so important in the case of chest pain in nursing mothers, always consult a doctor or a consultant on breastfeeding. The most common complication following lactation process, which may be the case, the chest pain from a nursing mother.
- Very often in the first few days after childbirthin a woman's hormonal failure happens. The reasons for failure are so many - that the female body hypothermia shortly before childbirth, and emotional stress, and alcohol consumption, and other still unknown reasons. As a result of this failure, instead of colostrum at the woman begins to produce milk. But the child is not able to suck all the milk, and as a consequence, the chest pain. Chest begins to grow in size, hardens and nagrubaet. In addition, the temperature often rises. In no case can not ignore such phenomena, because it is a sure way to mastitis. Be sure to let us know about their condition to medical personnel.
- Very often, a woman, with no apparent reason,He begins to feel pain in the chest. When probing can be found in the mammary gland seals, which are quite painful. The most common occurrence of such individual's lakostaza foci occurs as a result of incorrectly fitted bra that pinches the breasts. Ignoring these symptoms may lead to the development of mastitis, with most purulent.
- Not less frequently in women are formed crackson the nipple. This phenomenon itself causes pain, in addition, it must be remembered that the cracks are "gateway" into the mammary gland for harmful bacteria that may provoke the development of mastitis.
Also, doctors can hear a lot of complaints from different women,the essence of which is as follows: "ceased to feed - sore breasts." This usually occurs when lactation was completed by force, not naturally. mother body was not ready to stop lactation, respectively, the breasts continue milk production. Since the child is not sucking milk stagnates in the chest, the chest is compressed, it may be red and hot. To you do not have to complain about the fact that after you have ceased to feed, you have sore breasts, at weaning the child's need to comply with certain rules.
- Not to leave the child from the breast before himwill celebrate a half years. The process of any lactating women takes place in three stages. 1 stage - the stage of lactation of formation, 2 - stage of maturity, and 3 stage - the stage of involution. It is at the stage of lactation involution of the female body is ready to stop feeding. Determine the offensive phase of evolution is not difficult: the woman feels the moral and physical fatigue after each feeding, may also notice the lack of milk. In that case, if you do not put the baby to the breast within 12 hours, not breast milk is poured and does not hurt. Very important! Not to leave the child immediately after the onset of symptoms onset stage of evolution. Continue feeding for at least another 2 months, as it was at this time elevated levels of antibodies found in breast milk that prepare the immune system to excommunication crumbs to the chest and strengthen him.
In addition, chest pain, a nursing mother canappear if the weaning was sharply. In some cases, this can not be avoided, for example, the departure of the mother or serious disease. In other cases, in order to avoid the appearance of chest pain nursing mother, you must wean the child from the breast gradually and progressively. Every day, replace one breastfeeding to alternative power. At least give up the night feedings.
I would like to once again draw the attention of all nursingwomen - when a chest pain necessarily address to the doctor. You can refer to both mammologist, a gynecologist and a surgeon or physician. After an illness that begin to heal at a very early stage, it is easier and more successfully treatable. And if you let the process to chance, most likely you will not be able to avoid surgery. That is why if you are faced with a situation "hurts breast - feed the baby," do not delay visiting the doctor on the back burner.
Other varieties of pain in nursing women
Doctors - gynecologists are often faced with a complaint, "nurse - aching joints."
In fact, this is an extremely unpleasant sensation,which gives a woman a lot of inconvenience and discomfort. And this condition, if you are breastfeeding, and you have sore joints, requires mandatory medical examination. Joint pain can be caused by various reasons, such as arthritis, arthrosis, lack of calcium in the body.
In addition, the joints may ache for no other reason,that breastfeeding woman is still quite a high level of the hormone relaxin. This hormone is produced in large quantities by the female body during pregnancy, to birth went without complications. It shall, however, unfortunately, applies to all joints: shoulder, elbow, knee, wrist, and others. In order to accurately determine the cause, consult your doctor.
What is a headache, alas, knows almostany woman. Breastfeeding mothers do not become an exception. They are quite common to hear: "nurse a headache, and I'm afraid to drink a pill." And these fears are totally groundless, because all pharmacological agents penetrate into breast milk. Therefore it is very important to pick up the drug, which does not harm the child.
In no case do not take any medicationswithout the doctor's knowledge, even if the annotation to the drug is said about his contra during breastfeeding. Also, do not listen to the advice of women who say, "I am breastfeeding and have a headache, drink the first available tablet - and nothing else." This approach can be fraught with serious complications.
In most cases, the headache may Momtry to do without painkillers, because headache is the result of overwork or severe emotional stress. In this situation, the woman simply need him to rest. The ideal situation would be the hours of sleep in a quiet and dark room. However, unfortunately, not always and not all mothers have the opportunity. In such a case, still have to resort to using drugs, but strictly on prescription.
Next in frequency of occurrences of a kindPain - a toothache. Very often women are experiencing "a toothache nurse, tablet drink is not desirable, what to do?". The answer, of course, a din - going to the dentist. Even if you drink and pain medicine, it will bring only a temporary effect. Breastfeeding mothers frequently ask your dentist the following question: "I have a toothache, but I am breastfeeding. Can I do an injection of anesthetic drug? Such experiences of women are absolutely groundless. Modern anesthetics hardly penetrate into breast milk, and will not bring any harm to the baby.
Of course, it is better to cure before pregnancyall the holes in the teeth, and every few months for checkups at the dentist. In addition, during pregnancy and lactation do not forget about receiving calcium supplementation, nutrition and oral care. These simple preventive measures can help you maintain a beautiful smile and avoid toothache.
Colds are not sidestepand lactating mothers. If a runny nose and sneezing more can somehow accept and suffer, the pain in the throat gives a lot of trouble. And then the woman raises the question: "nurse a sore throat than to cure?". Medications do not want to take, so as not to harm the child's health. And this is the right approach, because it is possible to do without them. We were asked to share their experience in the treatment of colds mother of two children, each of whom she was breast-feeding up to two years.
"If you have a sore throat while breastfeeding, I use the following recipe. To make this broth you will need the following components:
- Chamomile dry - 20 grams.
- Grass dry sage - 20 grams.
- Natural honey - a tablespoon.
- The alcoholic solution of iodine - 10 drops.
Sage and camomile chop, put inenamel (not iron) dish and pour one liter of boiling water. Then add a tablespoon of honey and mix thoroughly. Cover, wrap a towel and leave to infuse for about three hours. Then strain the infusion, add 10 drops of iodine. Gargle every hour, pre-warming the infusion of up to 37 degrees. Typically, throat pain recedes after 5-6 hours'.
Without a doubt, every nursing mother is forced tolimit yourself to many familiar things, including how to resolve the pain and treatment in general. But the period of feeding the baby does not last long and will end very quickly. And the supply of health and immunity, which he received from you during breastfeeding, will remain with him for his entire life. We wish you a pleasant feeding and good health.</ P>