Removal of wisdom teeth
Toothache - perhaps the most painful kind ofPain occurring in humans. Certainly, each of us at least once in their lives faced with it. There are many popular ways to cope with a toothache, but the only really effective means of - a visit to the dentist.
Unfortunately, not always possible to save the tooth appears. For example, the removal of wisdom tooth has become the most common operation. Yes, it is an operation - after the removaltooth comes the moment surgery. Of course, doctors will try to the last to save a sick tooth, because the complications of tooth extraction is considerable.
For example, even in the absence of one toothgreatly degrades the quality of mechanical processing of food in the mouth. This phenomenon gives rise to a wide variety of diseases of the gastro - intestinal tract - from gastritis to ulcers and colitis. In the same case, if there is a removal of the front teeth, significantly worsens a person's appearance, violated proper articulation that almost always leads to the strongest complexes. Yes, and often complications after tooth extraction is largely difficult life as a sick person and a doctor.
However, despite all this, it is impossible to save the tooth, and sometimes it must be removed. To remove the teeth there are a number of indications, such as:
- The presence of the sick person granulomatous,granulating periodontitis, often expressed in the chronic form. However, the decision about the removal of the tooth is taken only if the sick person is strongly curved root canals and impenetrable.
- The presence of the sick person purulent periodontitis. However, in this disease the removal of the tooth in the decision is made only if the doctor can not carry out periodontal pus outflow as a tooth or impenetrable or highly curved root canals.
- The presence of the sick person of such disease,both odontogenic osteomyelitis of the jaw. If you are faced with a serious illness, be prepared for the fact that tooth removal is immediate, without the slightest delay. Eliminate the presence of foci of disease-causing bacteria and toxic products of their vital functions and tissue decay is only possible by removing the patient's tooth. This measure allows for strictly limit the inflammatory infection, and causes it to decay.
- Also, removal of a tooth in need if there is a pathological process in the molars in the lower jaw.
- The presence in a patient of human teeth that provoke chronic inflammation of the maxillary sinuses, and trigeminal neuralgia.
- The presence of a person is significantly extended fromwells dental tooth, with significant exposure of the roots. Such teeth are often extremely interfere with the normal process of chewing, traumatized soft tissues of the oral mucosa, and in addition, make it impossible for prosthetics without their prior removal.
- The presence of the sick person and atypical supernumerary teeth are located, which degrade the bite humans and can also injure his oral mucosa.
- The presence in a patient with human teeththorough destruction of tooth crowns, to put it simply - the roots. However, the roots need not always be removed, but only if the focus of the tooth is a chronic infection and can not be used as a support prosthesis.
- The presence in a patient of human teeth, which are in the region of the fracture of the jaw, and are not subject to the reposition of the fragments, and only the conductor is a potential infection.
- The presence of multi-tooth, a dentist who tried repeatedly but unsuccessfully to cure, but treatment is constantly complicated by the occurrence of an acute periodontal inflammation.
- The presence of a single sick person teeth that interfere with the correct fixing denture.
Effects of tooth extraction
In some cases, after an inspection of your spacemouth and teeth, your doctor may offer you a few alternative treatment options. Most often, of course, tooth extraction is one of the cheapest ways of treatment. But in any case we must not forget that the prosthesis, which you will need in the future will be much more expensive than treatment of a tooth today.
Often the removal of just one tooth leads tototal disruption dentition - remote neighboring teeth are largely displaced. As a result, a person begin to arise significant difficulties with the process of chewing, the jaw joints. Also very quickly the shifting adjacent teeth will be subjected to deformation and destruction that will be the next your headache.
Not wasted even if the tooth is not saveseems no way the doctor recommends necessarily sick person as soon as possible to replace the extracted teeth. Again, taking a decision on the removal of the tooth, which can still be cured, remember that the replacement tooth is much more expensive treatment thereof.
In order to make a decision about the removal of a tooth,the doctor need to make a thorough examination of your mouth. Part of this is an X-ray examination of the problem tooth. With this snapshot your doctor will be able to assess the condition and the inner part of the tooth and its root, and the root is located around the bone. Depending on the complexity of the upcoming removal of it or offer to do the surgery in person or to recommend you to consult a surgeon.
Before you remove a tooth, the doctor willthorough examination and will ask you a series of questions that will help him get the necessary for the success of the operation information. Usually, the doctor will ask you about:
- All your previous visits to the dentist, treatment and removal of teeth, if any, special features of the gingival healing process.
- On general health.
- On the individual intolerance of certain drugs.
- About what you are taking medication. This information is very important for the doctor, because the most common medicines, such as aspirin, can significantly reduce blood clotting, other drugs - increase the pressure. All this may cause bleeding after tooth extraction.
- If you are taking contraceptives,be sure to notify your doctor - in women taking hormonal contraceptives medications more often formed the so-called "dry holes."
Preparations for the removal of a tooth
Among the people, there are two opposing viewson the question of whether prior to removal of the tooth is necessary to take antibiotics. Some argue that the use of antibiotics is a must, otherwise the possible inflammation after tooth extraction. The other side argues that the use of antibiotics does not bring nothing, except for excessive load on the liver and kidneys.
In fact, the issue of antibioticsthe doctor must decide individually in each case. Usually, preview antibiotics before tooth extraction is assigned if the doctor has found out a large amount of infection. In that case, if the doctor has prescribed antibiotics, strictly adhere to the regimen. Otherwise, antibiotics not only be useless, but even harmful for your body. In the event that at the time of taking antibiotics, you will notice the strange reaction of your body, such as shortness of breath, or the appearance of a rash on the body, immediately stop taking the medication and tell your doctor.
Thus, the decision about the removal of the tooth is taken. It is natural that you will feel anxiety and fear of the procedure. The most common reason for the fear is, first of all, ignorance. The following details how to delete a tooth.
Before you proceed directly to the doctortooth extraction, it will necessarily produce local anesthesia - anesthesia the gums and tooth nerves by anesthetic injection. Before you make an injection, most doctors prefer to reduce pain, injection site processing ledokoinovym spray, which greatly reduces the sensitivity of the gums, reducing soreness from the injection to the possible minimum.
After that the doctor will ask you forsome time, wait until you start acting anesthetic drug. After a while you feel like reduced sensitivity in the area of injection. Needless tooth extraction doctor usually begins after about 10 minutes after the injection.
In recent years, increasingly large clinicspractice extractions under general anesthesia. Pharmacological drug used for general anesthesia, does not bring the human body is absolutely no harm. The most common tooth extraction using general anesthesia doctors offer the following cases:
- Panic, fear of uncontrolled patientdental office. Such people can be manipulated at the dentist uncontrollably clench your teeth, etc., which greatly complicates the efficient operation of a full-fledged dentist. Tooth extraction with the use of general anesthesia, not only facilitates the work of a doctor, but the sick person and help to avoid additional stress.
- The presence of the gag reflex of the patient increased. The fact that the mouth is trying to climb a doctor who is armed with a variety of tools, not like almost anyone. However, there are very often people who have largely developed gag reflex, and similar manipulations cause them severe vomiting. In this case, the most appropriate, if there is such a possibility, it is to carry out extractions under general anesthesia.
- In that case, if the sick person suffers fromallergic reactions to local anesthetics standard. Such people have to endure all the pain that occur during the removal of a tooth, as a local anesthetic they are strictly contraindicated. Such a situation could even lead to the emergence of this painful shock. A general anesthesia is never causes allergic reactions, so successfully used in allergy sufferers.
The main thing to remember, if youoffered extractions under general anesthesia, is that for such a procedure, the hospital should have its own appropriate license, as well as a doctor - anesthesiologist. It is unacceptable that the expected dose and the controlled condition of the sick person during anesthesia doctor - dentist.
The process of tooth extraction
You must be prepared for the fact that during thetooth extraction, you will be very well feel pretty strong sense of pressure, so the doctor will apply a force. The root of the tooth is very tight in the bone hole. In order to extract a tooth, the doctor is necessary to expand the hole of the tooth. Due to the fact that the jaw bone has the ability to shrink significantly, the doctor widens the hole by loosening the tooth back and forth.
It is because of these actions, and the sick personIt feels great sense of pressure. However, it is not necessary to strain and wait for that after this feeling will be a feeling of pain. This happens because in the human body there is a huge number of different types of nerve fibers and endings that are responsible for different sensations. That anesthesia, which is used for pain relief in dentistry, blocking those nerves that are responsible just for the pain, but almost no effect on the nerve endings responsible for the sensation of pressure.
It is therefore necessary to repeat once more - inthe removal of the tooth under anesthesia you will not feel pain, but only a feeling of pressure. If all of a sudden, it is very unlikely you still feel the pain, let me know immediately inform your doctor. The doctor will remove a tooth to an additional amount of anesthetic agent, which completely blocks the nerve endings.
It is also necessary to remember that the receptionanalgesic drugs such as "ketones" or "baralgin", which sick person often drinks to eliminate pain in the tooth, can reduce the effects of anesthesia. Try for at least 12 hours before the removal of the tooth to avoid taking these drugs. If you take them all the same, be sure to put a notice to the your doctor.
Complicated tooth extraction
In some cases, the normal way to extract the toothfrom wells. This usually occurs in the event that the tooth roots are too complex - bent or curved. In such cases, doctors decide about the removal of a tooth from fragments. The essence of the method is as follows: tooth special tools excised into fragments, which then retrieves the doctor, using special pliers to remove teeth. Many sick people, hearing that he showed exactly like tooth extraction, very scared. However, this should not be afraid - the procedure is completely painless and allows you to remove the tooth is much easier and faster, as well as to avoid complications after tooth extraction.
The first day after tooth
After tooth extraction is completed,doctor must examine well, in order to make sure that there are no more teeth and fragments of dental plaque. The well will be laid cotton swab that you have to hold tight and keep for about an hour.
Also, the doctor will tell you that aftertooth extraction can not be done, and that, on the contrary, it is necessary to reduce the risk of postoperative complications to the possible minimum. The following are general recommendations, but be sure to print them out and show your doctor - he may add something else, depending on your particular situation.
- Bleeding from the hole of the tooth immediately aftertooth extraction. Normally, the bleeding stops after about half an hour after the removal. As mentioned above, the doctor will put a cotton ball in the hole, which you will need to hold tightly and leave for about an hour. Sometimes, however, the bleeding can continue for several hours. In this case, you will need a sterile bandage - washed clean hands cut off a small piece, form a wad of it the necessary size and repeat the procedure. If the bleeding can not be stopped after two - three hours you should seek emergency medical care.
- The formation of a blood clot in the tooth extraction hole. The clot after tooth extraction is essential for a successful wound healing. That is why on the first day you must observe a number of rules to prevent the destruction and removal of a blood clot:
- In no case can not be in the first days after the removal of rinse your mouth and even just spit saliva.
- Drinking hot fluids - tea, coffee or soup - also often leads to the dissolution of a blood clot. Try to avoid eating them.
- Smoking also often leads to a shiftBlood sgustka.Podobny same effect is observed when drinking beverages through a straw. The reason is that when smoking and drinking in the mouth creates a vacuum, which causes it is the displacement of a blood clot.
- Rinse after tooth extraction.Very often from relatives and friends a man who removed a tooth, hear tips about the need mouthwash. Be sure to discuss this with your doctor, but in the first days after tooth extraction rinse is strictly prohibited, to avoid damage to the blood clot.
- Swelling after tooth extraction.You have swollen cheek after tooth extraction? This sometimes happens. Usually, the removal is difficult, the higher the probability of the surrounding soft tissue swelling. In order to remove the tumor, doctors recommend applying to the cheek from the extracted tooth. The ice must be applied every hour for about 10 minutes. The procedure continues as long as the swelling disappears completely. However, in any case, do not apply to the gum ice - it can lead to the ingress of pathogens into the wound and, consequently, the development of an infectious inflammation.
- Smoking.Smokers are much more likely than non-smokers are faced with a variety of complications, such as temperature after tooth extraction, inflammation and other wells. If you can, try to refrain from smoking for at least a day, or even two.
- Pain medicine.As a rule, after tooth extraction ill person does not feel particularly strong pain. The pain experienced by the patient, and tolerant enough to easily stopped by taking painkillers. However, be sure to ask your doctor what kind of medication you can take for you. Be sure to read the instructions, which is applied to the drug. Should you have any - any doubt - be sure to talk about them with your doctor.
Remember that taking painkillersit is desirable to combine a meal. This must be done in order to minimize the negative impact of the drug on the stomach. When receiving painkillers often cause a human patient absent-mindedness, sleepiness. Particularly careful with taking these drugs should be people who drive a motor vehicle or working with dangerous machinery.
- Antibiotics after tooth extraction.No less important, and so the question of how the medicine after tooth extraction. As mentioned above, often a few days before the intended date of removal of the tooth doctor prescribes a sick person drink a course of antibiotics. In no case do not stop taking antibiotics immediately after tooth extraction - it can lead to deterioration, as well as to the development of pathogenic microorganisms have immunity to this type of antibiotic, which would make it pointless to use the next time.
- Restriction of motor activity.After removal, especially if there has been a complicated tooth extraction, to prevent possible bleeding and stimulate the normal formation of a blood clot, a sick person is subject to certain limitations of physical activity. For example, it is necessary to refrain from exercising and heavy physical work. During sleep, you must enclose a head extra pillow, so that the head was higher. It will also help to avoid the risk of additional damage to the blood clot.
- Food.In that case, if the removal of the tooth was not complicated by anything special dietary restrictions, virtually none. The only thing you should pay attention to is the fact that the food to chew on the opposite side of the deletion. However, in the case of wisdom tooth extraction complications all - still enabled, your doctor likely will advise you to follow a diet of liquids and soft foods. As mentioned above, from the diet is necessary to eliminate all hot drinks, which often lead to the destruction of the blood clot and the disruption of the normal healing process.
- Teeth cleaning.At the time when the wound occurs after tooth extraction, oral hygiene is extremely important. Many people prefer the teeth after removing a few days did not brush their teeth. However, this leads to the multiplication of pathogenic oral microflora and may cause inflammation of the wells. Brushing your teeth is necessary, however, in the first week you need to replace your toothbrush on a toothbrush with soft bristles. In no case do not use any liquid mouthwash.
- Treatment after removal of a tooth. If a sick person in the mouth there are bad teeth that need treatment, it, of course, the question will worry when after removal can begin to treat them. Generally, dentists recommend to wait for about a week. However, be sure to ask this question to your doctor.
Complications after tooth extraction
Unfortunately, even the most competent andProfessional tooth extraction does not give you any assurance that there will not any - any complications. Here are the main complications, the most common after tooth extraction:
In the event that it was very difficult removal andgums largely damaged, the physician may decide to apply the gum seam. Generally, in most cases superimposed stitches dissolving through threads. But at the same time, the insoluble can be used to thread suturing. Stitches imposed such threads, must be removed. But do not be afraid of it - the procedure is very fast and completely painless.
- Alveolitis after the extraction
If you have a sore gums after tooth extraction,be sure to consult a doctor as soon as possible, you may be faced with the so-called syndrome of "dry socket." Such a syndrome that occurs when a blood clot is broken under the influence of external factors, or not formed at all. The presence of a blood clot is a prerequisite for the normal healing process and, as a consequence, the lack of clot leads to various complications.
Most often it occurs after the complex alveolitistooth extraction, during which there is a significant injury to the jaw bone and gum tissue. For example, very often the pain after the removal of wisdom teeth is caused by the syndrome of "dry socket." This is explained by the fact that most of the wisdom tooth is largely submerged in the bone. And in order to remove it, the doctor has to a large extent injure the gums and bone. Also alveolitis is often complicated by the removal of the tooth root.
Strict adherence to those recommendationsIt gives you your doctor, as well as oral hygiene will help you reduce the risk of developing the syndrome of "dry holes" almost to a minimum. Also remember that in women taking contraceptives, as well as in smokers, significantly higher risk of alveolitis, so they must be especially careful and attentive to their health.
As already mentioned, the removal of wisdom tooththe consequences can be just as alveolitis, however, and the removal of the remaining teeth are also often complicated by the syndrome of "dry socket." The main symptoms of alveolitis are:
- Blunt pain
The appearance in about three - four daysdull pain at the site of a tooth extraction, which gradually increases. Most often, pain attacks is impossible to stop using common painkillers. Almost always sick people complain that the pain extends towards the ear.
In the mouth, there is an unpleasant smell after tooth extraction. Also, sick people often note the presence of an unpleasant taste.
Very often sick people ask the question - how manytoothache after removal? Normally, the pain disappeared within a day. If on the expiration of this period, the tooth pain persists, you should immediately consult a dentist. The dentist will examine you carefully, then starts the treatment of alveolitis.
In no case do not hesitate tosimilar problems to the doctor - the formation of a "dry hole" is very common, and doctors are well aware of how to cope with this severe complication after tooth extraction. Treatment of the syndrome of "dry socket" is as follows: the doctor puts the gum in place of removing special bandage that is impregnated with a special compound that disinfects the wound, relieves pain and speeds up the healing process. Fully opening the wound will heal in about a month. Over time, this hole will gradually be filled with bone tissue.
Removal of teeth in children and pregnant women
What we can do in this case? Continue to suffer from pain, or yet to decide on the removal? What to do in each case should be decided by the surgeon - dentist. Of course, pregnancy is a contraindication to the removal of teeth, but it can not be considered a contraindication absolute.
A pregnant woman is compulsorilyevery three months to visit a dentist who will conduct a routine inspection of the oral cavity, as well as give the necessary recommendations for the care of teeth. However, if a pregnant woman came toothache, she should immediately consult a dentist unscheduled. If the period of pregnancy is small and is not visible, be sure to report it to their doctor - dentist.
Any surgical intervention in the bodyIt is a major stress for him. And for the female organism extractions stress it is much stronger than the average person. That is why all the planned removal performed before or after pregnancy, and during it - only for emergency reasons. For pregnant women the special anesthetic pharmacologists developed which do not penetrate through the placental barrier, and thus do not bring health of the fetus is not the slightest harm.
Removal of milk teeth in children also has a number ofits features. By the decision on removal of a baby tooth a dentist must be approached with great responsibility, as it can lead to a variety of disorders, such as unintentional violation of the integrity of the rudiments of permanent teeth, as well as the formation of a child's malocclusion. That is why milk teeth removed only for the following indications:
- The child has been very much a movable tooth and root he has resolved more than 50%.
- The presence of the crumbs of the teeth roots with significant impairment.
- The presence of the child's teeth with complicated forms of caries which is almost untreatable.
- Also, the removal of milk teeth is shown in the case, if it interferes with the normal eruption of permanent.
- In that case, if the child is seriously injured milk tooth.
The process of removal of milk teeth also hasnumber of features different from that of an adult. In milk tooth is very pronounced divergence of the roots, and the alveoli have very thin walls. That is why the removal of milk teeth using special tongs are designed specifically for children. They are arranged in such a way that the dentist will not be able to promote their considerable depth and lock too tightly, eliminating the possibility of accidental damage to the thin walls of the milk teeth.
Remember that proper hygienic careOral significantly reduces the risk of complications of all possible dental system. A warning of the disease is always much more effective than its subsequent treatment.</ P>