That's what we really love them, potted plants? Caring, sit, pick up for them a better place and vodichku softer? Because it pulls us closer to nature. I want harmony and wonder. Is not it a miracle that the four walls, in a tiny piece of land grows, blooms and greens now living miracle ..
That's why we and moved into their apartmentsAboriginal humid tropics, hot deserts, lush forests and meadows. And we live with them side by side and are happy that they are close to us. It is not always able to correctly choose the indoor plants, which would be good just in our house: one of them like the sun, the other shadow Bring some wetter climate, and some, on the contrary, try not waterlogged. In short, a lot of trouble with them. Let's find out how to choose the right colors for the room of his house, because of its so-called micro-climate. For example, if the apartment is not enough sunlight, then it will be good to grow shade-loving potted plants.
First, let's define just what isshade-loving plants, but there is shade-tolerant. And between them there is a significant difference. Shade house plants grow in the wild only in dark conditions. They can not tolerate direct sunlight, which can cause burns the leaves. Bright and well-known example of a shade-house plants - ferns.
Shade tolerance is quite well-behavedThey feel the bright sun but tolerate shading. Such plants look different from the light-loving. They are generally wider and thinner leaves are soft and smooth to the touch and flat in shape. Such features are caused by the need to capture more of the scattered light in shaded conditions.
In the indoor horticulture fundamental differencebetween shade-loving and shade-tolerant flowers there. And they both are equally suited for growing in dark rooms, on the northern and western windows. The main condition for its successful growth - a good fertile soil. Since most shade-plant naturally lives in the woods under the shadow of tree crowns, and compensates for the lack of light rich forest soils. Therefore, shade-loving plants are well adapted to a greater absorption of nutrients from the soil.
And one more feature shade-plants - theirbeautiful decorative leaves, for which they are valued. It is clear that the flowering specimens is difficult to grow in low light. Therefore, we consider those shade-loving flowers for homes that are unpretentious and decorative at the same time. So, the five leaders.
Deciduous shade-loving plants
- Calathea. Shade-tolerant and hygrophilous. Poor tolerate temperature extremes.
- Aglaonema. Similar to dieffenbachia, but it is smaller. In winter, need for additional lighting.
- Fittonia. He enjoys partial shade. It does not tolerate direct sunlight. In the winter, also need additional lighting.
Tree shade-loving plants
- Ficus. Growing quickly, not demanding to light. Suitable for both residential and for office space. Good in winter gardens.
- The severe. In nature, it lives in subtropical forests. It is semi-shade.
- Kordilina. It does not tolerate direct sun. For good growth it needs a scattered light intensity, and additional lighting in winter.
- Fortune Tees capitate. Vertical columnar evergreen shrub. It grows slowly. The light is undemanding.
- Philodendron. Scansorial drevesneyuschimi creeper with long branches and aerial roots.
- Ivy. It does not tolerate direct sunlight, but grows well in a fairly dark places. Poor react to changes in the position of the light source. In winter, need for additional lighting.
- Epipremnum. Liana with aerial roots. Its leaves are painted white and yellow stains and "spray". Epipremnum growing fast for the branch needs topping leaves.
- Tsissus Arctic (birch). It does not tolerate direct sun. It grows well in the shade, on the eastern and western windows.
Flowering Shade Plants
- Saintpaulia (violet). Liberally and long blooming. Do not tolerate direct sunlight. Winter require additional lighting.
- Clivia. Blossoms beautiful umbellate inflorescences on tall stalks. It requires fertile soil and good irrigation.
- Begonias. They prefer partial shade. Grow and bloom without any particular problems.
Ferns and palms
- Nephrolepis. It grows well in partial shade. Keep from direct sunlight.
- Maidenhair. It requires light partial shade and protection from the sun.
- Pteris Crete. It requires shading from direct sun.
- Rapis. Slow-growing palm tree. It grows well in bright but diffused light. Tolerate direct sun and shade.
- Chamaedorea. Palm plant. It requires protection from the sun.
All this is just a small selection of plants,adapted to living in shaded areas. In fact, indoor plants, for which the lack of light and the familiar and desirable, much more. Grow in dark rooms can be even some shade-loving flowers for the garden. Therefore revive poorly lit room or the far dark corner there is always help houseplants. You only need to select the appropriate species of flora, which in nature are not spoiled by the sun.</ P>