The first 6-8 weeks after birth - aperiod of physical and emotional adjustment. Work completed 9 months long, you see his wonderful kid, a feeling of elation and a blissful lightness replaced the severity of recent days. But soon the euphoria passes, and you feel tired and weak light. You need a good rest. After birth, your body undergoes rapid physical and hormonal changes. These changes are normal, but may be accompanied by fatigue, which undermines your health and confidence in the ability to cope with a newborn and changes in lifestyle.
Your family adapts to the appearance of a baby inhouse, change the responsibilities of each member of the family, all the efforts are aimed at meeting their needs. Help close relatives or friends at this time is especially needed.
The relationship in each family areunique and one of a kind. Some families gain a comfortable balance for several weeks after birth requires another month or more for a long time. In family life experience is affected by many factors, including the nature of the child's medical complications in the mother or child, the amount of aid, economic resources, experience in feeding and care of the child, as well as the situation: Have expect parents only on themselves, or can help close to single motherhood, family, mixed and finally, the ability to adapt, flexibility parents. If you understand the basic problems associated with the postpartum period, and you can evaluate the burden in the future and plan for assistance that you need.
The beginning of post-natal period, shall be the momentexile, from this point in a woman's body goes through changes which basically come to an end in just 8 weeks. These changes are varied, taking place at different speeds. You can feel them, not noticing at all - but one way or another in 2 months will differ a little functioning of your body from what it was before pregnancy. Some manifestations of the ongoing restructuring may disturb you, even though they are normal.
In the first 2 hours after birth the uterus stronglyreduced bleeding from her gaping vessels stops - they close clotted blood clots. If you deviate from the normal course of the early post-natal period, the bleeding can not only stop, but also increase. Therefore, for women in childbirth in those first few hours and watched the doctor and the midwife.
In the future, the uterus more decreasessize, its walls thickened with 0.5 to 3 cm, cervical lumen narrows. Immediately after birth through the internal os in the cervix can introduce arm, a day later - 2 fingers, on the 3rd day passes barely one. By the 10 th day of the cervical canal has already been formed, but the outer mouth still missing fingertip. In the 3rd week of the outer mouth closed.
The recovery process (involution) sexbodies takes place in many ways - its intensity depends on many factors: the individual characteristics of the body, nutrition, the body's resistance, lifestyle and so on..
There may be minor complaints andnon-persistent pain in the external genitalia and perineum. After several days, the pain to disappear. After a day or two after birth there is pain in the breast; it is a sign that in the glands to activate the process of formation of milk. When the young mother feeds her baby, she could feel the pain in the abdomen - the minor pain are cramping in nature; Pain suggest that the uterus contracts. To influence the process of uterine contractions and make it more intense nature of the reflex mechanism is activated - the child irritating nerve endings, embedded in the nipple mother, and the mother's body responds to that stimulation of uterine contraction.
The doctor regularly monitors the status of the woman in childbirth: measuring blood pressure, said pulse, check breathing. Blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rate in women in the postpartum period should be the same as they were before pregnancy. If there are no complications - and within the normal body temperature. When activated the process of lactation and pain appears in the mammary glands, the body temperature will rise a few, but it does not stay long.
Your physical condition at this time depends on what you are labor (hard or easy), and a number of individual factors.
In addition to restoring the genitals, there are changes in other systems:
- Mammary gland: swell, become painful, under the influence of lactogenic hormone of the anterior pituitary lactation process begins - the formation of milk; milk appears already within 1-2 days after birth.
- Skin: gradually increasing the tone of the abdominal muscles; He fully recovered after about six weeks after delivery.
- mochevyvedeniya System: bladder tone some time after delivery lowered, whereby urination less than before; within a few days after giving birth may experience pain when urinating as the urine irritate the mucous membrane of the vulva, the integrity of which is broken during delivery.
- Intestine: as a result of sedentary lifestyles in the early days after birth, due to a decrease in muscle tone abdominals may clearly marked tendency to constipation.
Uterine discharge (lochia)
Spotting may last 3-6weeks, their composition is complex: blood clots, mucus (lymph, serum), the remnants of the uterine tissue cells (decidua). No cause for alarm.
During the first three days after birth lochiasometimes as heavy (and sometimes more), as well as during menstruation. Although spotting seem to be very abundant, their total amount does not exceed 500 ml, beginning from the first moment to the full termination. Sudden bleeding from the vagina getting out of bed for the first few days - it's a natural phenomenon, which is not a cause for concern. Due to the fact that immediately after release delivery consist mainly of blood clots and small amounts during the first 2-3 days, they are red, then gradually transformed into sukrovichny color, and for 1-2 weeks become light yellow. In order to observe good personal hygiene should use sanitary napkins, and the use of tampons is not recommended.
Giving birth to a child, you have worked probably harderthan most boxers in the ring, so there is nothing surprising in the fact that after the strong contractions and exhausting attempts at delivery, you feel like a boxer after a couple of rounds in the ring. Many women say that the birth was long and / or difficult. And The following features are not anything special after childbirth:
- blue circles under the eyes and bloodshot eyeballs;
- bruises from small patches on her cheeks to large bruises and dark-blue spots on the face and upper chest;
- pain in the incision site (perineal incisions, caesarean section), pain in places of sutures;
- difficulties with deep breathing due to fatigue.
We have already talked about how to restore the uteruspreviously (massage, oxytocin, and so on. d.). If necessary, you will have medical care in the postpartum ward, but if symptoms appear uterine bleeding again after discharge, an urgent need to see a doctor, preferably in the same hospital where the birth took place.
After the hard work, and after childbirth can bepresent and thus, health is poor. On the physical recovery, we shall speak later, and with some unpleasant moments, you can try to deal in the near future:
- get rid of the blue circles under his eyes bloodshot eyeballs and help cool 10-minute compresses;
- pain and tenderness in the area of the coccyx can be caused by damage to pelvic muscles, relieve pain and help massage the heat;
- painful manifestations in the chest area can be reduced by warm compresses, if there are no contraindications, you can take a hot bath or pouring.
Pain in the perineum
Pain in promezhnostipri any natural childbirth withtears or cuts. Like any stitched wound, tears or cuts take time to healing (7-10 days). During this period, particularly important to respect the rules of hygiene:
- watch for cleanliness pads, change them every 4-6 hours; be careful that they did not move forward or backward;
- remove the backing movement from front to back to prevent microorganisms from the anus to the threshold of the uterus;
- Rinse with warm water (or antiseptic liquid, if the doctor will prescribe) the crotch area every time a natural need;
- Try not to touch the hands of the perineum until healed breaks (cuts);
- crotch carefully wipe with a dry cloth (paper can be used), bearing in mind that you need to wipe from front to back motion.
Relieving pain, you can use warm compresses,you may appoint a special warming lamps, local anesthesia using aerosols, creams or irrigation. Good results give cold packs, as well as exercises to increase circulation.
In the postpartum period should avoid prolonged sitting or standing to avoid the stress of tissues of the perineum. Sitting on a pillow better (can be inflatable), and while sitting squeeze buttocks.
Difficulty urinating is quite normal inDuring the first days after birth. Some women did not feel the pressure in the bladder and part feels the urge, but can not urinate. Some women urinate, but at the same time feel pain and burning. Causes of bladder dysfunction in the postpartum period are many:
- increase in volume of the bladder due to the fact that increased dramatically after birth space for its expansion; For this reason, there is no need for frequent emptying;
- during childbirth the bladder can be injured during the passage of the fetus. As a result, even a full bladder can not supply signals the need to drain urine;
- anesthetics may reduce sensitivity of the uterus to the signals coming from the bladder;
- pain in the perineum may be the cause of spasmodic contraction of the urethra, obstructing urine diversion. Edema (swelling) of the perineum may also have an impact on urination;
- inhibit bladder may be definedpsychological factors such as fear of pain, emerging with an empty bladder discomfort while urinating, difficulty ship use, the need to use outside help in the toilet;
- Hypersensitivity seams imposed onincision or tear can be the cause of pain during urination (in this case, we can recommend to urinate standing, legs apart, and the urine flow, directed downwards, will not touch the painful areas of the urethra wall).
Despite the difficulties, it is necessary to emptybladder 6-8 hours after delivery, thereby to protect the system from possible urethral infection. If within 8 hours after delivery yourself you can not empty your bladder, you may be offered use of a catheter.
You can help your body:
- as soon as possible after birth stand out of bed and walk around, it stimulates and bladder, and intestines;
- if you are too weak to walk to the toilet on their own, and have to use the boat, ask (if possible) to recover without foreign;
- Use ship sitting and not lying;
- Try warming the crotch warm compress or hot water bottle with ice cooling, select the way that stimulates urination.
One day, you may receive a different problem -excessive urination. As the output from the body of pregnancy hormones after childbirth urination becomes more and more abundant. If, however, a few days later is still the conclusion of urine is small or difficult, it is quite possible that this is the result of infection in the urinary system. Inflammation of the bladder is accompanied by a burning sensation in the urethra, frequent urination and small in volume, a slight increase in temperature. Symptoms of kidney infection more distinct - can dramatically increase the temperature (up to 38-40 °), pain in the lumbar region on both sides, is usually accompanied by symptoms of bladder inflammation. In this case, antibiotic treatment.
After delivery, many women notice that hardlyretain urine, especially when you sneeze, cough or laugh. That is, if during childbirth overly stretched obturator muscle - sphincter of the bladder. Assist such exercises:
- tighten the vagina and after 10 seconds, relax it; while strengthening muscles and walls of the vagina;
- Empty your bladder is not full at once, but gradually, alternating deflation small portions of urine from the vagina contraction.
After regular exercise obturator muscle is strengthened and will hold urine.
The functioning of the intestine
As a rule, after the birth bowel tone lowered,slowed digestion, the chair is absent. To postpartum bowels began to function properly, it must interact several physiological factors: the feeble postpartum abdominal muscles, possible damage to the intestine and finally the psychological factors: the unjustified fear of divergence of seams, natural concern due to the lack of intimate terms in the House as well as the excessive concentration of attention on what needs to be done. Restore the normal functioning of the intestines help dieting (grain dishes, fresh fruits and vegetables); fluid consumption at a higher level (water, juices), physical activity, and stress relief.
Sometimes postpartum women become swollen and inflamed hemorrhoids, in this case, helps chamomile lotion, warm and cold compresses, rectal suppositories, analgesic gels and ointments and the like. D.
Warning Signs of postpartum period
In the first 6 weeks postpartum postpartum complications can occur. The table below describes some of the symptoms, in the event that it is necessary to contact a doctor.
Short-term rise in temperature (up to 38 ° C) with the appearance of the milk (1-3 day) is not a cause for concern.
Recovery of motor activity
In the absence of contraindications (difficult birth,Cesarean section) no later than the day you need to get out of bed, some doctors allow up after 8-10 hours. The faster you get up, the more likely will be adjusted independent of urination and stool, restored the function of genitals, tighten the abdominal wall. In addition, it is a good prevention of thromboembolic complications.
Already on the first day in the morning you can do light exercise. Follow them lying on your back and try not to overwork.
- Dilute hand in hand, then pick them up and drop along the body. Strain and relax the abdominal muscles.
- Tighten the legs bent at the knees to the abdomen and straighten them up to the starting position. Breeding legs apart and mix them together.
- Bend your knees, pull your feet to the pelvis, lift the pelvis, back to its original position.
- From a prone position to sit down, bend over, hands touch the toes, lie down again.
- Bending your knees, alternately tighten foot to the pelvis.
- Make a circular motion feet as if riding a bicycle.
- Lying on his stomach turn to bend your knees, lifting his head and upper torso.